Tomato soup has been the go-to savory dish on cold days for decades. But this time, you’ll leave the can at home. Made from scratch, our Solo Stove tomato soup puts a delicious and handcrafted twist on a campsite staple.
- 5 Shallots
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- Olive Oil
- 26oz of Pureed Tomatoes
- 3 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 2tbsp of Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Dice the shallots and mince the garlic.
- Heat up the pot and pour oil to cover the bottom generously.
- Sauté onions.
- A few minutes before onions are done: season with sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add garlic.
- Slowly pour in tomatoes and broth. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and grated cheese.