If you are a new Solo Stove owner or getting ready to become one, chances are your excitement comes with some questions.
To guide you along your journey, we’ve gathered the top questions we get from new or soon-to-be Solo Stove owners and answered them for you right here.
1) Where’s the best place to set up my fire pit?
- Keep your fire pit at least six feet away from buildings while in use.
- Keep 15-20 feet above your fire pit clear of obstructions, such as tree branches and patio overhangs.
2) Can I build a table around my fire pit?
Absolutely! Just make sure you leave 3-6” space between the fire pit’s walls and the enclosure. Here’s some of our favorite photos below, as well as a blog, to inspire you!
3) What kind of wood can I use in my fire pit?
We don’t recommend using pressure-treated wood, pallet wood, or any wood left over from a construction site as they usually have been chemically treated. They could also contain staples, nails, or screws that can damage your fire pit.
We created a simple, step-by-step guide to building a smoke-free fire here.
4) Can I leave my fire pit outside?
Yes! We only recommend you cover your fire pit to protect it from the elements. Lid is a great option to use as a temporary cover, while our Shelter is designed to keep your fire pit safe from rain, snow, dust, and leaves while storing your fire pit outside permanently.
5) Can I store firewood and some accessories inside my fire pit?
Absolutely! Our fire pit’s flame ring and Stand are designed to nest inside your fire pit. This is especially helpful if you plan on taking your fire pit along for the ride or storing your fire pit outdoors. Here’s how you can do it:
- Place Stand inside your fire pit, along with any firewood you want to stash away for your next burn.
- Remove the flame ring, invert it, and place it back on top of your fire pit. You can do the same with your Shield, but you will have to remove it’s upper lid and place it inside your fire pit before inverting it.
- If you own a Ranger or Bonfire, you can then put everything inside the included carry case and stash it in your car or RV. If you own Yukon, you can then place your Shelter or Lid on top.
Now you’ve got your next burn set up and ready to go in one easy package!
6) Do I need 27” or 30” accessories for my Yukon?
Our 30” Yukon retired to our Hall of Flame on June 30th, 2020 to make way for the 27” Yukon. If you ordered your Yukon before then, you can still purchase accessories for your 30” Yukon on our site!
On the other hand, if you have purchased your Yukon on June 30th, 2020 or later, you will need to purchase 27” accessories.
7) Can I get discounts on my future Solo Stove purchases?
You can earn rewards points for all your Solo Stove purchases and redeem them for in store credit by signing up for our Firestarter Rewards program! You can even refer a friend on their first Solo Stove purchase, and both of you will get $15 in-store credit! For all the details, head on over to our Firestarter Rewards page.
8) How do I clean my Solo Stove?
Just tip over your fire pit or use a shop vacuum to remove the ash.
After a handful of burns, gold and blue hues might begin to emerge on your fire pit. This is a result of the stainless steel reacting to the intense heat generated inside your fire pit and will not affect your fire pit’s performance. We think of it as a “patina.”
If you want to keep your Solo Stove as shiny as the day you unboxed it, a little Bar Keepers Friend and a damp rag will polish it up nicely. Check out the tutorial below to learn how!
9) Will my Solo Stove burn my grass?
Not if you use your fire pit with Stand. For more information, check out our blog on how and when to use Stand with your fire pit.
10) Where can I get advice from other Solo Stove owners?
Join Firestarters, the official Solo Stove Facebook community, to connect with other Solo Stove fans, show off your flame, and get inspired by how others enjoy their Solo Stove. You’ll even get 500 Firestarter rewards points just for joining!
Seeing your photos and videos that capture your joy around your Solo Stove is the best part of our day. Use #solostove or tag us with @solostove on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
You can even submit your photos and be entered to win Solo Stove gear in our monthly giveaway contest!
Do you have a question that’s not covered here? You can reach out to our Customer Service team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org