Grill gourmet any night of the week with this Tri Tip with Chimichurri recipe on the Solo Stove Grill.
1 whole tri tip
1 bundle Italian parsley
2 bundles cilantro
2 jalapeños, whole (optional)
1 lime, juiced
6 garlic cloves
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
- To make the chimichurri, add all ingredients besides the jalapeño into a food processor and pulse until herbs and garlic are finely chopped. You can chop the herbs and garlic by hand and mix with the wet ingredients in a small bowl if you do not have a food processor.
- Set aside 1/4 of the chimichurri in the refrigerator to brush on the tri tip after grilling.
- Add chimichurri, minus the portion set aside, into a large resealable bag with the tri tip. Marinate overnight or at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. (Optional: add two whole jalapeños into the bag for an extra kick.)
- Remove tri tip from the bag and grill on direct heat at a 45° angle to the grill grate. Cook 2-3 minutes and rotate the tri tip another 45° to get nice grill marks and sear on one side. Flip the tri tip and repeat.
- Move tri tip over to indirect heat until the internal temperature of the trip tip reaches 125° F for medium rare. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice tri tip against the grain in 3/4”-1” thick slices. Brush with the reserved chimichurri that was unused in marinating the meat.
Like our fire pits let you have a roaring fire in minutes, the Solo Stove Grill lets you have tasty, grilled food to gather around in minutes. Buy it here.
How did it taste? Tag us on social using @solostove or #solostove to let us know!