On a chilly afternoon, nothing is better than our warm, light, and savory miso soup. Not traditionally thought of as a campsite dish, Solo Stove makes it possible to make miso soup quickly mid-hike. Why settle for anything less?
- 20oz Water
- 1 of Piece Dried Kombu
- 3 tbsp of Bonito
- 2 tbsp of Miso
- 3 oz Tofu
- 1tsp of Dried Wakame
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Cheesecloth
- Add kombu to the pot with cold water.
- Fire up the solo stove and put the pot on.
- Cut up tofu into cubes and slice the scallions.
- When water starts to steam, remove from the heat and add bonito flakes.
- Cover and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a cheesecloth.
- Put back on a low heat.
- Add miso into a bowl, whisk in broth to break up the clumps.
- Add miso mixture to the rest of the broth along with tofu, scallions, and wakame.
- Serve and enjoy!