Omelets make an easy and protein-packed way to start the day! Who doesn’t want to start a day on the trail with a light, healthy, and tasty breakfast? With just a few eggs, some veggies & spice, and a little cheese, you’ll have exactly that with our omelet. A Solo Stove makes it that easy.
The key to an egg-cellent omelet is a slow and low flame.
PRO TIP: The key to an egg-cellent omelet is a slow and low flame. We recommend getting your stove going with a full flame and really building up the ember bed, then let your large flame die down but maintain the heat with smaller sticks and twigs. You won’t want a full flame once you get to cooking! For this recipe, we used a trusty cast iron and a Solo Stove Titan.
- Eggs (3)
- Small Bunch of Asparagus
- Small Bunch of Chives
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1tbsp of Cream
- 3tbsp of Gruyere Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Chop up chives.
- Prepare asparagus by snapping off the tips.
- Heat up the pan.
- Pour enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and add asparagus.
- While asparagus are cooking, crack the eggs into the bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix.
- Pour in cream and mix some more.
- Add mixture to the asparagus.
- Cook until top is still little runny, then add chives and grate cheese.
- Fold over and serve hot.