Mac n’ cheese is a favorite of basically everyone, and now we’re bringing it to the campsite with an artisanal touch. By using the standard American cheese, combined with asiago & blue cheese, you’ll have a dish at the campfire fit for a restaurant. Isn’t that the dream? Keep the powdered cheese at home, my friends, this will be the mac n’ cheese that becomes your new go to. Creamy, rich, and full of flavor.
There is something so satisfying about cooking a meal on an open fire.
There is something so satisfying about cooking a meal on an open fire. Whether it’s the primal connection to the fire that you feel, the ritual of feeding the fire, or the satisfaction you gain from the meal that’s prepared upon it, everyone feels some sort of emotional connection to such a simple task. To make this meal for your friends and family pair it up with the Solo Stove Campfire, 2 Pot Set, and Tripod for an easy meal that’s sure to put those dehydrated meals to shame.
- 12 oz of Macaroni
- 60 oz of Water
- 1tsp of Salt
- 10 oz of Whole Milk
- 7 oz of American Cheese
- 4oz of Asiago Cheese
- 3oz of Blue Cheese
- Olive Oil
- While waiting for water to boil, cut cheese into 1/2 inch cubes.
- When water boils, add pasta, stir frequently and cook for 9 minutes.
- Drain, drizzle with olive oil and stir. Cover and set aside.
- At medium heat, add milk and cheese to the pot.
- Simmer and whisk until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add pasta and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!