The perfect steak to celebrate Cinco De Mayo! This recipe comes to us from the talented Leo Morales, owner and head chef of Barrel & Bones BBQ.
- 2 Double Cut Ribeye (12/14oz, thicker the better)
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Chili Power
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Place all wet ingredients in a bowl and start whisking the dry ingredients.
- Pierce both steaks with fork to get some deep pockets for the marinade to absorb.
- Season the steaks with the salt and allow 10 minutes to absorb.
- Massage the steaks with the marinade as you begin to place them into gallon Zip Lock bags or a vacuum sealer if you have one.
- Allow 3-4 hours minimum in the fridge to get the entire marinade to soak in (a little less with a vacuum sealed bag).
- Preheat the Solo Stove Grill to about 475˙ and set steaks out 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place on Steaks on the Solo Stove Grill making sure that you hear the sizzle as you place. Avoid direct flame but keep on direct heat.
- Cook for 7 minutes and rotate clockwise.
- Cook until 115˙ and flip steaks.
- Cover the Grill and leave for 5 minutes.
- Check with a meat probe and pull at desired temperature. 135˙ works best for me.