Chef Andrew Forlines makes game day gourmet on the Solo Stove Grill!
- whole chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Salt chicken at least two hours before cooking with ¼ tsp kosher salt per wing. (Salting the wings will tenderize the meat and help the wings retain moisture during cooking.)
- Prepare the dry spice rub by combining salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, ground black pepper, and chili powder. Set aside.
- Heat an even layer of charcoal briquettes for direct high heat cooking.
- Place wings top side down to start and cook until lightly browned (approximately 5-8 minutes per side).
- Turn wings every few minutes to keep from overcooking.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the wings reaches 165°F.
- Toss wings in a bowl with the dry spice rub. (You can add your favorite wing sauce here as well!)
- Serve alongside freshly trimmed and cut vegetables with blue cheese dressing.