Our easy to make, incredibly savory corn chowder combines everyone’s favorite starches with just enough spice to please every camper’s palate.
- 2 Corn on the Cob
- 1 Russet Potato
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/2 Garlic Clove
- 1 quart of Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour
- 5 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Cup of Cream
- 1tsp of Salt
- 1/4tsp of Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes To Taste
- Cut kernels off the cob. Dice the onion and potato, then slice the green onion and mince the garlic.
- Put the pot on Solo Stove and add olive oil.
- Sauté onions.
- Add garlic 5 minutes before onions are done.
- Add all-purpose flour and stir for another minute.
- Add corn, then gradually pour in vegetable stock and let it come to a simmer.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Slowly pour in cream.
- Serve the soup and sprinkle with green onion, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.